Cleansing, scrubbing, and moisturizing is an important part of skincare routine. DIY face scrubs are suddenly getting a lot of attention nowadays. This is because people have become more conscious about their skin and the side effects of using harsh chemicals. More and more people are looking for natural alternatives for beauty products and that is why home-made DIY scrubs have come into the picture.
With these diy scrubs, you are not only saving money but also giving your skin the best natural treatment that your skin will love. These home made scrubs are just as effective as chemical scrubs if not more. These home made diy scrubs not only exfoliate your skin but also clear your pores and provide essential nutrients. Those tiny beads you find in chemical scrubs are not good for your health. In fact, looking at the recent bans of some cosmetic products using microbeads by the United States making customers to look for natural skin care products.
Must visit : How to Know if A Beauty Product is Actually Natural or Not
I started using home made scrubs a few months back and now I am loving my skin even more. Trust me they work really really well. DIY scrubs are inexpensive and since we add fruits or honey or lemon these things to the scrub we get the benefit of these ingredients too.
I have compiled a list of best 15 Home made DIY scrubs you can use. These scrubs will not only exfoliate your skin but will also help you get rid of acne, blackheads, excess oil and other skin problems. So, go through this list beauties and let me know which one you liked the most.
15 Best DIY Face Scrubs that I Love
1. DIY Sugar Scrub
Sugar scrubs are my favorite. I use home made diy sugar scrub almost all the time. Sugar scrubs are best for all skin types even for the sensitive skin beauties too. Sugar scrub does not make our skin too dry so ideal for people with dry skin. Sugar scrub has so many benefits that I have dedicated a whole article about the beauty benefits of sugar scrub.
How to make homemade DIY sugar scrub
- Take 3 tbsp of brown sugar in a bowl
- Add 1 tbsp of honey
- 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2-3 drops of olive oil
- Mix well and apply this sugar scrub gently in circular motion
- Massage for about 3-5 minutes, wash away with lukewarm water.
This is my favorite recipe for sugar scrub. If you have oily skin then skip olive oil. Use this DIY sugar scrub twice a week. There are other ways of making sugar scrub too. Click the link below to find out more sugar scrub recipes based on your requirements.
How to Make Most Effective Sugar Scrub At Home
2. Baking soda – DIY Face scrub for Acne
Another powerful DIY face scrub. Everyone can use this homemade scrub but if you have acne then it might be just the best for you. Baking soda is a natural exfoliant and has antiseptic properties. It kills the germs and acne-causing bacteria. It also soothes the inflammation and redness caused by acne.
How to use baking soda scrub for acne
- Take 1 tbsp of baking soda
- Add little water, enough to make a paste
- Rub it on your face for about 3 minutes in circular motion, be gentle
- Wash away.
It is the simplest diy face scrub made at home. You just need baking soda which you can find in kitchen and some water.
3. Oatmeal DIY Face Scrub
Oatmeal home made scrub is best for people with sensitive skin. It is gentle and reduces inflammation besides exfoliating the skin.
How to make oatmeal diy face scrub at home
- Take 1/2 cup finely ground oatmeal
- Add 2-3 tbsp of unflavored yogurt or honey to it and mix well
- Now apply this oatmeal scrub on your face
- Massage in circular motion gently
- Wash away after 5-7 minutes with lukewarm water.
4. Chocolate DIY Face Scrub for Acne
You must have heard of chocolate body massage and other treatments. Well, chocolates have many benefits for our body and skin. That is why we have listed chocolate scrub for anti-ageing. Chocolate keeps us young by removing wrinkles and fine lines. It also makes our muscles tight and more flexible.
How to make Chocolate DIY face scrub
- Take 1 tbsp cocoa powder in a bowl
- Add 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of olive oil
- Also add 1/2 tbsp of vanilla extract to it and mix well
- Massage gently with this home made chocolate scrub for about a minute
- Now leave it on for about 10 minutes
- Wash away with lukewarm water
After washing your face, you will find a soft and moisturized skin. Use this diy face scrub twice a week.
11 Beauty & Health Benefits of Honey You Should Know
5. Papaya home made natural scrub
Papaya is the greatest fruit for our skin. The benefits it offers to our skin is unmatched. A lot of home remedies are based on papaya so why not a scrub. Here is how to make a papaya scrub exfoliating your face.
How to make Papaya DIY face scrub
- Take 1/2 cup of mashed ripened papaya
- Add 2 tbsp of brown sugar and 1 tbsp of honey to it and mix well
- Now exfoliate your skin with papaya DIY face scrub
- Leave it on for 15 minutes
- Wash away with lukewarm water
Papaya face scrub is an amazing fruit scrub with removes dead skin cells and impurities from our face along with providing essential Vitamins that our skin needs.
How to Do Face Lift at Home Without Surgery
6. Coffee DIY face scrub
Coffee has caffeine which has stimulating effects. Coffee grinds when mixed with olive oil and organic honey. Olive oil has Omega-3 fatty acid which nourishes our face and cleanses it.
How to make coffee diy face scrub
- Take 1/2 cup of fine coffee grinds
- Add 2 tbsp of honey and 1/2 tbsp of olive oil
- Mix well and scrub your face with it
- Leave it on for 10-15 minutes
- Wash away.
How to Do Facial At Home – Step By Step Guide
7. Green tea DIY face scrub
We all know green tea has antioxidants which reverse the signs of ageing. Green tea when applied to face improves the flexibility of skin and repairs it. Lets make a scrub with green tea and get its benefits
How to make green tea diy face scrub at home
- Brew a cup of green tea
- Add some brown sugar and honey to make a thick paste
- Now massage your face with green tea scrub in circular motion
- Leave it on for 15 minutes and rinse away.
Top 10 Best Cystic Acne Home Remedies
8. DIY lemon scrub for face
Lemon is a natural bleach and anti septic ingredient. It fights microbes and reduces the appearance of scars. This scrub is best for people with oily skin or acne prone skin or have scars. If you have a sensitive skin then you should use not use this.
How to make DIY lemon scrub for face
- Take a fresh lemon and squeeze out its juice
- Add 1 tbsp of sugar and a few drops of olive oil to it
- your diy face scrub is ready, rub it on your face in circular motion
- Wash away after 5 minutes
9. Blueberry diy face scrub
Blueberries have many nutritional benefits for face. If you want to use a fruit based face scrub then you can make the blueberry facial scrub at home.
How to make blueberry face scrub at home
- Take 1/2 cup of fresh blueberries
- Put them in food processor and grind well
- Now add some brown sugar to it and make scrub
- Spread this mixture on your face and neck and massage for 3 minutes
- Wash away after 15 minutes
Most Effective Facepacks for Oily Skin And Pimples
10. Almond DIY Face scrub
Another effective facial scrub to make at home. In this scrub we get the goodness of almonds and essential oils.
How to make almond diy face scrub
- Take some raw almonds and put them in a food processor to make fine meal
- Add 3-4 tbsp of almond oil or coconut oil
- Add a few drops of essential oil like lavender oil or rose oil
- Mix well and make the scrub
- Apply it on your face and massage well
- Wash away with lukewarm water
15+ Amazing Health and Beauty Benefits of Oranges You Should Know
11. Coconut oil – DIY face scrub for dry skin
Coconut oil is used for skin care and hair care in many ways. You can use it to exfoliate your dry skin. This scrub won’t leave your skin dry. It will remove all the dead skin cells and impurities.
How to make Coconut oil & sea salt diy face scrub
- Take 3 tbsp of coconut oil
- Add enough sea salt to make thick paste
- Now exfoliate your face with this home made scrub
- Wash away with lukewarm water.
12. Cinnamon Scrub
Take 1 tbsp of cinnamon powder and add almost equal amount of honey to make a paste. Now massage your face with this home made facial scrub.
Wash away after 15 minutes.
13. Yogurt diy scrub
Yogurt is very nourishing for our skin. It stimulates the blood circulation and improves the cell regenerating power of our skin. This scrub is very simple.
Take some unflavored yogurt and massage your face with it. Wash away after 5 minutes. Use this scrub once or twice a week.
15+ Health & Beauty Benefits of Green Tea
14. Strawberry DIY face scrub
Increasing our list of fruits based scrub, we are adding strawberry diy face scrub.
How to make strawberry diy face scrub
- Take 1/2 cup strawberries and put them in food processor
- Add 2 tbsp of brown sugar and mix well
- Massage your face in circular motion with strawberry scrub
- Leave it on for 15-20 minutes
- Wash away.
Why You Need Eye Cream? Know How Eye Creams Work
15. Rice DIY face scrub
Take 1/2 cup of rice and grind them to make fine grains for scrub. Add 2 tbsp of honey and little amount of lemon juice to it.
Rub your face with rice scrub concentrating on marks. Wash away with lukewarm water.
I hope you liked my article on Top 15 best homemade DIY scrubs. These are all natural and have no side effects. Replace your cosmetic scrub with any of these DIY face scrubs and you will start noticing difference in your skin texture after a few weeks. Using natural skin care treatment goes a long way to keep a young and glowing skin.
If you know any other home made facial scrub then let us know through comments.
Incoming search terms :