Back acne or bacne is a very common problem experienced by almost everyone once in a while. They are painful and embarrassing. Acne in the back are more troublesome because our back is not easily reachable by our hands and they spread very quickly to entire back.
Bacne is very common in summers. Reason being excessive sweating, sun, dehydration, dirt, clogged pores, etc. It happens to people of all age groups. Even if you treat the bacne the scars still remain behind. So, it’s better to treat back acne as soon as possible.
Must visit : How to Stop an Upcoming Pimple From Getting Bigger
The best way to avoid getting bacne is to keep your back clean off sweat and dirt and use a good moisturizer. If you have got some back acne then you can go for medical treatments but if you are looking for natural home remedies to treat back acne then we are proposing a list of powerful home remedies to get rid of bacne.
Top 10 Back Acne Home Remedies and Treatments
1. Benzoyl Peroxide to treat back acne
I find Benzoyl peroxide irritating for my face but it is perfect for the body. To treat your bacne at home you can wash your body with benzoyl peroxide solution. It is very effective and shows fast results.
How to use Benzoyl peroxide to get rid of back acne
- Take a solution of 5% benzoyl peroxide
- Put the solution on your body
- Leave the solution on for a couple of minutes
- Wash it off
Use this home remedy twice a week to treat back acne. Please note that benzoyl peroxide dries out the skin so follow-up with a moisturizer.
Note : If you have very sensitive skin then use only 2.5% benzoyl peroxide solution. 5% benzoyl peroxide solution might irritate your skin worsening the condition.
2. Sea Salt to treat Bacne
Sea salt is very effective in treating bacne. It is effective in removing any kind of skin acne. You need to get ocean salt and not the table salt because table salt contains Iodine which may irritate your skin. People who have used sea salt treatment say it’s a fast way to treat back acne.
How to use sea salt to get rid of back acne
- Take 2-3 cups of sea salt
- Add this to your warm bathing water
- Soak your body in this water for about 20 minutes
- Pat dry
This treatment shall leave your skin very dry so if you have oily skin then don’t do anything but if you have dry skin then apply a light moisturizer.
Alternatively, you can go to the beach. Soak your body in seawater for some time and then pat dry.
3. Get Rid of dead skin cells from back
When we take a shower, we wash all our body parts but its hard to reach our back so we do not wash it well. As a reason for it, a lot of dead cells piles up on the skin. Dead cells, sweat, excess oils, dirt, all these things clogs our pores in the back and result in back acne.
So, it’s important that you properly clean your back and get rid of all the dead cells and oils. To do this use an oil-free body wash with salicylic acid and glycolic acid. Use a clean loofah to exfoliate your back.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar to treat bacne
Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is used in a lot of beauty treatments. It is very effective in treating pimples from any part of the body. We can use ACV to treat back acne. Apple cider vinegar is anti-bacterial in nature which can eliminate the pimple-causing bacteria and clean the area.
How to use Apple cider vinegar to get rid of bacne
- Take one part of ACV and mix it with 2 parts of distilled water
- Mix them well and put the mixture in a spray bottle
- Spray this mixture on your back before going to bed every night
- Wash off in the morning
- Keep the spray bottle in the fridge for cooling effect on the acne
You can also use this ACV home treatment in the daytime. Spray the mixture on your back and let it soak for about 15-20 minutes and wash off.
5. Baking soda home treatment for back acne
Baking soda is a great exfoliator and germicide. It can unclog pores and remove germs. It is great for treating pimples so, we are gonna use it to clear back pimples.
How to use baking soda to get rid of bacne
- Take 2-3 tbsp of baking soda
- Add water and make a thick paste
- Apply this paste over your back
- Leave it on for a couple of minutes
- Wash off with water
Use this home remedy 2 times a week to get rid of back acne fast.
6. Lemon juice to treat back acne
Lemons are acidic in nature which is helpful in killing the pimple-causing bacteria. Lemon is very actively used in treating acne on face.
How to use lemon to get rid of back acne
- Take 2 lemons and squeeze out their juice in a bowl
- Apply the lemon juice directly on your back
- Leave it on for about an hour
- Wash off
If you have sensitive skin then you can add some rose-water to lemon juice and then apply it over your back.
7. Tea tree oil to treat bacne
Tea tree oil is known to be anti-bacterial and soothing in nature. It clears the pores and kills germs off our skin. It eliminates the microorganisms that cause irritation on the skin.
How to use tea tree oil to get rid of back acne
- Make a mixture of tea tree oil with water
- Take a cotton ball and apply it all over your back
- Apply this mixture before going to bed
- Wash away in the morning
You can also store this mixture in a spray bottle and store it in the fridge.
8. Oatmeal-honey mask to clear back acne
Oatmeal is effective in cleaning dirt and dust from our skin while honey is antibacterial in nature and kills germs. Honey has anti-inflammatory properties which clear acne. We are going to make a honey-oatmeal mask to treat back acne.
How to use Oatmeal-honey to treat bacne
- Cook 3 tbsp of oatmeal with little water
- Add 2 tbsp of honey to it and make paste
- Let it cool down
- Apply this mask on your back
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water.
Use this home remedy to get rid of back acne twice a week for better results.
9. White willow bark to get rid of bacne
White willow is powerful in clearing acne from any part of the body. It eliminates the irritating microbes and bacteria buildup near acne and clears the pores.
How to use white willow to treat bacne
- Take some white willow bark in a pot
- Add hot water to it and let it steep
- Strain the fluid using a fine strainer
- Add any essential oil like lavender oil or almond oil to it and mix well
- Apply the mixture on your back using a cotton ball.
10. Recommended lifestyle changes to avoid back acne
We have provided these working home remedies to treat back acne but if we make certain changes to our lifestyle then we can completely avoid back acne.
- Don’t wear tight clothes. Wear comfortable breathable clean clothes.
- Always shower after heavy exercise and sweating
- Drink at least 2-3 liters of water daily to flush out all the toxins
- Take healthy diet including fresh fruits, vegetables, fibers.
- Avoid smoking, drinking alcohol.
- Wash your bedsheets regularly.
- Take proper sleep.
- Try changing your bath soap and laundry detergent. Your skin might be sensitive to them.
- Use non-comedogenic products on skin.
- Avoid junk foods and over spicy foods. They lead to acne problem.
I hope my article on how to get rid of back acne helped you. Lifestyle changes are very important for a healthier skin. If your back acne is terrible and you are having excessive breakouts then its good to see a dermatologist once.
Incoming search terms :
back acne causes, how to white willow bark to treat bacne, back acne home remedies, how to get rid of back acne overnight, how to get rid of back acne scars, how to get rid of back acne fast, how to get rid of back acne in a week, how to get rid of back acne in a day, back acne treatment home remedies, back acne scar treatment, bacne treatment, natural back acne treatment