Skin is the largest organ of our body and it has numerous pores and hair follicles. Sometimes these pores become large and there are a lot of reasons to justify that. Pores may enlarge due to dirt or dust, due to pollution, aging, excess oil production, sun exposure, for the dead skin cells or because you popped a blackhead or a pimple.
Well, whatever the reason for the enlarged pores is but they make our skin look unattractive. How to prevent these pores from enlarging? Keep your skin clean and clear. Regular exfoliation and moisturization is the key to the healthy and clear skin. You also need to protect it from environmental assault.
Must visit: How to tighten facial skin naturally at home
how to get rid of large pores naturally
If you have already got some large pores on your face or nose then here are some powerful home remedies to get rid of large pores naturally. Using these home remedies regularly for a period of time can help you in shrinking the pores on your face and nose and thus making your skin look more clear.
Please note that you have a lot of large pores then you should meet a good dermatologist to cure it in a proper way.
How to Get Rid of Large Pores Naturally Fast
1. Baking Soda to shrink large pores on face
Baking soda is very effective in minimizing large pores. Baking soda acts as a natural exfoliator. It cleans the dust and dirt from the pores and helps in minimizing the skin pores. It has antibacterial properties that will help in stopping acne and breakouts.
How to use baking soda to get rid of large pores naturally
- Take 1 tbsp of baking soda in a bowl
- Add some water to it and make a think paste
- Moisten your face with tap water
- apply the baking soda mixture on your face
- massage gently for 2-3 minutes
- Rinse off with warm water
You can use this home remedy to shrink your pores once or twice a week.
How to get rid of dark lips – get pink lips naturally
2. Clay Mask or Fuller Earth Mask to minimize large pores on face and nose
Clay masks are known to absorb excess oils from our face. They clean our pores and provide a cooling effect to our pores. Clay mask such as fuller earth’s(Multani mitti) mask can be used to shrink large pores of the face.
how to get rid of large pores naturally
How to use Fuller earth to get rid of large pores on face naturally
- Take 2-3 tbsp of fuller earth in a bowl
- Add enough rose-water to make a smooth paste
- Apply the mask on your face
- Let it dry for 30 minutes
- Wash off with cold water
- Apply moisturizer
Use this fuller earth mask twice a week to minimize large pores soon.
Killer Tips to remove acne and acne marks naturally
3. Sugar Scrub to minimize enlarged pores on cheeks
Sugar scrub is a great exfoliator. A home-made sugar scrub would take out all the debris and excess oil from your skin and clean it from inside. Regular usage of sugar scrub would help in shrinking of pores.
sugar scrub to get rid of large pores
How to use sugar scrub to minimize large pores
- Take 2 tbsp of sugar in a bowl
- Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and a few drops of lemon juice to it
- Massage your face with it gently for 1-2 minutes
- Wash off with cold water
Use sugar scrub twice a week to get rid of enlarged pores fast.
How to lose 10 pounds within 7 days naturally
4. Ice Cube to shrink enlarged pores
This is very simple and another effective treatment for large pores. You need to massage your face with ice cubes to shrink the large pores. Take some ice cubes, wrap them in a towel or clean cloth and gently massage your face with it for about 10-15 minutes.
Do this daily and you will see your pores are shrinking. Better do it in the morning for best results.
5. Tomato to get rid of large pores on face
Tomato contains many antioxidants and is antibacterial in nature. It will help in cleansing of the pores and minimize their structure.
How to use tomato to minimize large pores on the face and nose
- Take a fresh tomato and extract its juice in a bowl
- Spread this juice all over your face
- Let it sit for about 20-25 minutes
- Wash off
Use this home remedy to minimize large pores twice or thrice a week.
Get rid of dark circles within a week naturally
6. Steam to minimize large pores on skin
Steam bath opens our pores and takes out all the excess oil and dirt from them. Go for a steam bath once a week and it will help in minimizing your pores.
Alternatively, you can also take steam on your face and minimize the pores on it.
steam to shrink large pores
How to take steam on face to minimize large pores
- Take some water in a container and boil it.
- Take the container off the gas once it started steaming
- Cover the container with towel to wrap its steam
- After 5 minutes, take the towel off the container and move your face towards it
- Move your face over the steam and take the steam on your face
- Do this for about 10 minutes
- Wash off with tap water to take away all the debris and oil your pores have secreted.
- DO NOT apply any moisturizer for some time.
Steaming is a very effective home remedy to get rid of large pores on face. Steaming will open the pores and allow it to drain any additional oil and debris from it. This method will not only shrink the pores but will also clear your skin preventing acne or blackheads to occur.
How to apply makeup like professionals – step by step
7. Honey and Lemon
Honey is antibacterial and acts as a good moisturizer to our skin and lemon, on the other hand, is packed with essential Vitamin C and other minerals. It is also antibacterial.
How to use honey and lemon to get rid of large pores from face and nose
- Take 1 tbsp of lemon in a bowl
- Add 1 tbsp of honey and make a paste
- Spread this paste on your face and massage gently for 1-2 minutes
- Let is sit on your face for 20 minutes
- Wash off with tap water
- This home remedy will help in taking out dirt from the pores and minimizing their size.
15 powerful natural tips to whiten skin at home
8. Oatmeal to shrink large pores
Oatmeal is a great exfoliator. It cleanses our face and takes out extra oils. We can use it to minimize the pores.
tomato and oatmeal mask to get rid of large pores
How to use oatmeal to get rid of large pores
- Take 2 tbsp of oatmeal in a container
- Add some tomato juice or honey to it
- Mix them and make a face pack
- Apply the face pack on your skin for about 25 minutes
- wash off with water
9. Egg White mask to shrink large pores
Eggs are the greatest source of proteins and amino acids. Egg white mask can help in reducing larger pores on face. It deeply cleanses our skin.
How to use egg white to minimize large pores on face
- Take 1 egg and extract the egg white from it
- Add 1 tbsp of yogurt to it
- Mix well and apply the mixture to your face
- Once it dries completely, wash off.
10. Take Care of your skin
All of the above stated home remedies will help you in minimizing large pores from skin and nose but if you want to prevent other pores from enlarging then you need to take proper care of your skin and make some healthy changes to lifestyle.
- Regular exfoliation and moisturization is important to keep your skin clean
- Drink about 2-3 liters of water daily.
- Eat the right and balanced food. Avoid processed foods and junk foods. Unhealthy oils can clog your pores. Decrease intake of chips, cookies, street foods. Add more veggies and fruits to your diet.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Always wear sunscreen. Sunscreen protects our skin from sun damage. Sun rays contain many harmfull rays like UV rays which are responsible for skin damage.
- Pick your skin care products wisely. Make sure the products you are using are “noncomedogenic” that means it won’t clog the pores.
- Exercise daily.
- Stop smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Do not squeeze pimples or blackheads. They will leave the scars and large pore behind.
We hope this article on how to get rid of large pores naturally will help you. Besides using the home remedies also try to adopt the above stated healthy habits to your regime. Your skin will thank you for this.
If you have any query, please let us know through comments.
Incoming search terms :
how to minimize pores naturally, how to shrink pores on face and nose, how to minimize pores with baking soda, minimize enlarged pores, how to get rid of pores on your face home remedies, how to shrink pores on cheeks, how to get rid of pores on the nose at home, how to get rid of pores on legs