Out of all the types of acne, cystic acne are the worst. They not only cause pain and leave ugly scar behind but also leave large holes on our face which make us look unattractive. These cystic acne can also develop on upper arm and upper trunk.
We invest a lot of money, time and effort to look beautiful and we cannot let these cystic acne take that away from us. Mostly people with oily skin and teenagers get cystic acne quite frequently and they keep looking for treatments to get rid of cystic acne.
Don’t worry we are not asking you to spend any extra money to get rid of cystic acne. We are going to tell you most amazing home remedies to treat cystic acne. However, the main reason of these acne are hormones, excess oil and dirt and toxins. You not only need to use these home remedies but also need to clean your body inside out so that you can keep cystic acne at bay for ever.
Must visit : Best Detox Drinks to clean your body from inside
I am going to tell you about most powerful home remedies to treat cystic acne. These natural treatments also fade away the scars and reduce the size of pores on your face. Here we go.
How to Get Rid of Cystic Acne With Natural Remedies
1. Lemon and Honey mask to treat cystic acne
Lemon as you all know is anti-bacterial in nature and is loaded with Vitamin C. Lemon kills the acne causing bacteria and makes our pores clean. Honey on the other hand is the best natural moisturizer. It is anti-inflammatory and soothing. Lemon and honey mask is the perfect cystic acne home remedy.
How to treat cystic acne with lemon and honey
- Take 1 tbsp of honey and 1/2 tbsp of lemon
- Mix well and apply this mixture on the acne and scars with the help of a Q-tip
- Leave it on for about 20 minutes
- Wash off with lukewarm water
This is a very effective home remedy to treat cystic acne naturally.
2. Baking soda and epsom salt to treat cystic acne
Baking soda is known for its anti bacterial properties. It fights the acne causing bacteria and also clears out the acne. This home remedy can also be used to reduce marks and large pores.
It is a spot treatment so, do not apply it all over your face.
How to use baking soda and epsom salt to get rid of cystic acne
- Take some baking soda and add little epsom salt to it
- Dilute it with some warm water to make a thick paste.
- Now take a Q-tip and apply this solution on cystic acne.
- Wash away with lukewarm water after 15 minutes
3. Steaming to clear pores and treat cystic acne
Steam clears out your pores and flushes out all the dirt and excess oil from the pores. Take steam in every 3-4 days to keep your pores clean and to avoid any new cystic acne from forming.
Steam will also clear out the cyst and reduce the appearance of large pores.
4. Apple Cider Vinegar to get rid of cystic acne
If you have Apple cider vinegar in your kitchen then you can use it to get rid of cystic acne. Apple cider vinegar can kill germs and acne causing bacteria. It also cleans our pores and avoids new pimples from coming up.
How to use apple cider vinegar to treat cystic acne
- Take 1 tbsp of apple cider vinegar in a bowl
- Add 2 tbsp of distilled water to it and mix well
- Wash your face with mild cleanser and apply this apple cider vinegar mixture to your face as a toner
- Use regularly for fast results.
5. Turmeric for cystic acne
Turmeric is used by Indians in cooking. It has antiseptic properties and offers many benefits. Turmeric is helpful in removing facial imperfections like acne, pimples, scars, tan etc and gives you a glowing skin.
How to use turmeric to get rid of cystic acne
- Take 1 tbsp of turmeric powder
- Add a few drops of lemon juice to make a thick paste
- Apply the paste on cystic acne
- Wash away after 15-20 minutes
Use this home remedy to treat cystic acne twice daily for fast results.
6. Egg White mask – Home remedy for cystic acne
Egg white which is full of protein and nutrients can clear out the acne and makes our skin soft.
How to make egg white mask to treat cystic acne
- Take egg white of 1 egg in a bowl
- Beat the mixture untill it turns milky white
- Apply it on affected area and leave it on for 10 minutes
- Wash away with lukewarm water.
Use this home remedy regularly to treat cystic acne.
Calendula is a herb known to treat cystic acne. It is anti-septic and anti-inflammatory. You only need to wash your face with tea made of Calendula flowers. Using this home remedy regularly will treat the cystic acne giving you a clear face.
8. Aspirin mask to treat cystic acne
Aspirin has been used as an acne treatment and it gives impressive results. Take 1-2 aspirin tablets and crush them in water. Make a thin paste.
Now apply the paste on spots. Wash away after 15 minutes.
9. Neem treatment for cystic acne
Neem is a tree found in India and several parts of Asia. Every part of this tree repels germs be it the stem, leaves, trunk or fruit. Neem is even used for treating many diseases.
If you have Neem oil then you can apply it directly on cystic acne twice daily for fast results. You can also boil some Neem leaves in water, stain the water in a bucket and bath with this water.
10. Lifestyle changes
If you really want to stay away from cystic acne then it is important you adopt a healthy lifestyle. Here are some lifestyle changes that you need to incorporate to get rid of cystic acne and other skin problems too.
- Add more raw fruits and green leafy vegetables to your diet
- Avoid greasy, oily foods. Also avoid processed foods.
- Drink warm lemon water first thing in the morning. Lemon will clean out the toxins from your body making you clean and your skin glow.
- Avoid smoking and drinking alcohol.
- Exercise daily. Physical activities are important. The improved blood circulation to face lets it breathe and also you release toxins through sweat. Add Yoga to your daily routine.
- Always bath after heavy sweating.
- Reduce dairy intake. Also, reduce your sugar intake. It increases acne.
- Drink more water. Your daily water intake should be between 2-3 liters. Do not drink excess water. If the color of urine is not yellow then you are drinking enough water. Excess of water stress our kidneys which is also not good.
- Keep your face clean. Use anti-acne face mask twice a week. Regular cleansing is very important. Don’t over clean.
- Try to use more natural beauty products. These will keep you away from chemicals and their side effects. Use ‘non comedogenic’ beauty products which means they won’t clog pores.
- Remove makeup before going to bed.
- Stress management.
- Don’t pick at your acne.
- Know when it’s time to see the doctor.
Hope my article on How to get rid of cystic acne using natural remedies will help you. I believe that prevention is better than cure so, you make changes to your lifestyle and stop these cystic acne from developing at first place.
Also, if you wake up in the morning and feel irritation or redness on skin or feel like a new pimple is coming up then you should apply warm water compress over it 2-3 times in a day and it will go away. Actually the hot compress emulsifies the sebum inside the pimple and thus the pimple goes away without forming any scar or cyst. Some people try cold compress but warm compress gives more effective results and faster. You might want to know How to Stop an Upcoming Pimple From Getting Bigger
If you have a lot of cystic acne on face, none of the home remedies is working for you and your conditions is getting worse day by day then you should just see a dermatologist without any further delay.
If you want to share your views or experience with us then please let us know through the comments.
Incoming search terms :