Cracked heels is very common to people. It is painful but it brings other problems too. It makes your beautiful feet look more attractive. You cannot wear those stylish sandals and flaunt your style. Don’t worry friends, worry no more.
We are going to reveal some powerful home remedies to get rid of cracked heels. You will get your beautiful feet back and flaunt it any way you like. Before going to the cracked heels treatment, let us first look into the reasons for cracked heels.
Must visit: How to get rid of a toothache naturally
Reasons for Cracked Heels
Well, our heels do not have oil glands and thus they remain dry unless we moisturize them. As a result of this dryness, they crack and even bleed. Some medical conditions like diabetes, thyroid, eczema, etc.
Pollution and dust are the causes for cracked heels. Unhealthy diet, lack of moisture and improper foot care are the most common reasons for cracked heels.
How to treat cracked heels with home remedies
1. Olive Oil to get rid of cracked heels
You can use any hydrogenated vegetable oil to moisturize your feet but olive oil works the best and faster than other oils.
How to use olive oil to treat cracked heels
- Take 2 tbsp of olive oil
- Massage your feet using olive oil, focusing on cracked heels
- Put on a pair of socks to lock the moisture
- Do this daily before going to bed
- Leave it overnight to fully penetrate through your heels
This is a very effective method for repairing cracked heels. If you do not have olive oil then you can use coconut oil or sesame oil.
2. Soak and scrub to get rid of cracked heels
Scrubing and proper exfoliation will remove all the dead cells and reveal the fresh skin beneath. It will also take away all the dirt or pollution that has accumulated in your feet with time. Use this home remedy for cracked heels before going to bed.
How to soak and scrub properly to heal cracked heels
- Soak your feet in soapy water for some time
- Take a pumice stone and gently scrub your feet to remove dead cells and dirt
- When you are done, wash your feet with warm water
- Apply some oil or moisturizer
- Put on socks.
This is another very effective home remedy for cracked heels. Use it regularly and you would get your beautiful repaired heels back within one week.
3. Paraffin Wax to treat cracked heels
Paraffin wax is very effective in treating cracked heels. It’s a quicker relief. It will heal your cracked feet naturally over a shorter period of time.
How to use Paraffin wax to get rid of cracked heels
- Take some paraffin wax in a pan
- Mix it with coconut oil or olive oil
- Heat it till the wax melts.
- Allow it to cool until it reaches room temperature
- Apply the mixture to your feet and put a pair of socks
- Let it work overnight
Use this home remedy for cracked heels daily before going to bed. You should see expected results in one week.
4. Glycerin and rosewater to get rid of cracked heels
Glycerin and rosewater make a very effective homemade treatment for cracked heels. It will soften your heels and repair all the cracks soon.
How to use Glycerin and rosewater to treat cracked heels
- Soak your feet in warm water.
- Mix equal amounts of glycerin and rose water to the water
- Add some lemon juice
- Add 1 tbsp of salt to the mixture
- Soak your feet in this mixture for 15-20 minutes
- Rub your heels using a pumic stone
- Pat dry and use olive oil or coconut oil to moisturize your heels
This method works very fast. It should repair your heels very soon.
5. Rice flour to get rid of cracked heels
Rice flour is a great exfoliator. It is packed with vital nutrients too. We can use rice flour to get rid of dead skin cells and accumulated dirt on our heels and treat the cracked feet.
How to use rice flour to get rid of cracked heels
- Take 4 tbsp of rice flour
- Add 2 tbsp of honey, 2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar
- add some olive oil or coconut oil to the mixture
- Add enough warm water to soak your feet in it
- Soak your feet in this mixture for 20 minutes
- Pat dry, apply moisturizer.
You should never sleep with your dry feet. You work the whole day and it is only night you get to pamper your skin and your feet. So, even after using any home remedy that could leave your feet dry, you apply moisturizer to get the moisture back.
How to treat steam burn, blisters and scars naturally
6. Honey and milk home remedy for cracked heels
Take a foot soaking basin and add 1 cup of honey and 1-2 cups of milk to it. Put your feet in the basin and let it soak. After 10-15 minutes, start massaging your feet so that you can get the nutrients and moisture inside your heels.
After 10 more minutes, take out your feet and wash them with lukewarm water. Apply moisturizer.
How to get rid of oily skin naturally
7. Banana mask to get rid of cracked heels
Fruits are packed with nutrients and vital minerals. We are using banana here but you can use other fruits too like Avocado, papaya or pineapple to treat cracked heels naturally.
This is a very simple and easy home remedy to treat cracked heels. Clean your feet and rub banana pulp on it. Do this for 20 minutes. Wash off with lukewarm water. Apply thick moisturizer. Use this home remedy daily until your heels are repaired.
8. Honey to get rid of cracked heels
Honey is a natural moisturizer. It is anti-bacterial in nature and will soften the cracked heels so that it heals.
To use this home remedy, you need a bucket of
warm water enough to soak your feet. Add 1 cup of honey to this bucket and soak your feet in it for 20 minutes. Scrub gently in between to remove dead cells. Pat dry and moisturize.
Hope this article on how to heal cracked heels will help you. In order to repair cracked heels, you should add more fruits to your diet. Add more vitamin E to your diet. Vitamin E rich diet is very effective in treating cracked heels. Stop eating junk food and take care of your feet properly.
Let us know if you have any questions.
Incoming search terms :